|Exhibited at the 150th Anniversary of independence Exposition in Philadelphia
in 1926, and much admired for the intricate craftsmanship of its shell
work and lavish decoration with cultured pearls.
White-lipped mother of pearl is used for each story, and the nine-ring decoration on the pagoda is made of platinum.
A total of 12,760 pearls ware used.
The dismantling and restoration work carried out between 1992 and 1993 has succeeded in restoring its original beauty.